Kids in Manchester are creative geniuses with 57% expecting to invent something this weekend.
- 45% Manchester kids are inspired to invent by watching YouTube tutorials
- 35% of kids in the North West will invent up to three things no one else has invented before
- 27% of kids in the North West will invent up to six things no one else has invented before
- 36% kids in Manchester voted the trampoline the best invention invented by a kid
- Kids are invited to share their inventions with Mr Men Little Miss for the chance to be included in the next Mr Men Little Miss book. Inventions have already been flooding in to http://www.mrmen.littleinventors.org/
To launch the new Little Miss Inventor book, iconic series Mr. Men Little Miss has conducted research that shows just how inventive children really are. The research results are interesting news for parents of 5-year olds, who are proven to be the most inventive with 57% of kids in Manchester set to invent something this weekend.
Parents will be surprised to learn that 52% of kids in Manchester claim to be most inventive when left to their own devices, highlighting the importance of free time for a child’s creative development.
Children have been responsible for some of the most useful and ingenious inventions over the years. The most popular of these creations as voted for by kids in Manchester are:
Toy trucks (26%)
Water Talkie (26%)
In the spirit of inventive genius, Mister Men Little Miss are asking children to enter their wackiest invention to win the chance of being written into an upcoming Mr. Men Little Miss title. Fans aged 3-7 can enter their inventions onwww.mrmen.littleinventors.org.
Five shortlisted entries will also have their invention featuredat the launch of Little Miss Inventor at the Museum of Science and Industry in Manchester on March 24th. The launch in Manchester will feature an interactive day for children featuring great inventions from throughout history, storytelling and inspiring talks from the world of invention, science and technology.
Alastair McHarrie, Licensing Director at Sanrio comments: “Kids creativity knows no bounds and we are really excited to bring someone’s invention to life in an upcoming Mr. Men Little Miss title. We receive lots of suggestions and tips for new characters and storylines from our fans, and we thought this series is the perfect opportunity to make one a reality.”