ODEON – Europe’s largest cinema group – has revealed it will be providing Warrington locals with the height of cinema comfort and style with the refurbishment of ODEON Warrington into a fully-reclining ODEON Luxe cinema this summer, just in time for some of the season’s most exciting blockbuster films.
The refurbishment is currently underway, but Warrington locals can still catch all the must-see flicks as the cinema is staying open for business throughout. The new-look cinema will feature 624 luxury handmade reclining seats across its 10 screens, offering film fans triple the legroom and increased personal space and comfort, as well as individual retractable tables to ensure the ultimate in-cinema comfort.
Along with the enhanced comfort, guests at ODEON Luxe Warrington will also get top experience a complete overhaul of the technology, including a new fully-reclining, state-of-the-art, 70-seat iSense screen, delivering a truly immersive cinema experience. Taller than a double decker bus, the screen will measure 15m x 6.2m, and is curved to maximise light reflection, packing cutting-edge Dolby ATMOS 3D sound and 4K digital projectors that deliver almost nine million pixels for an even clearer, ultra-high definition picture.
Additionally, new in-screen lighting system will also help minimise distractions between guests, and any guests who are hard of hearing can take advantage of a new Dolby Fidelio Audio Description system and an upgraded hearing-impaired system across all screens.
The new and exciting upgrades to the cinema arrive on the dot for the season’s explosive blockbusters, including the highly-awaited return of everyone’s favorite toy team inToy Story 4 (21 June), Peter Parker’s next adventure in Spider-Man: Far From Home (July 2) and the live-action remake of The Lion King (19 July).
The cinema’s foyer and retail area have also undergone a complete refurbishment, with guests able to choose from an extensive range of new food and drink options, including lattice fries, chunky chips, chicken strips, sweet and salted popcorn, hot dogs, nachos, Tango Ice Blast and a Coca Cola machine with over 100 different flavours to enjoy. The cinema will also boast an all-new Oscar’s Bar serving a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, along with a Costa Coffee store onsite.
Phil Brotherton, General Manager at ODEON Luxe Warrington – “The Warrington community has always been supportive of us so we are thrilled to bring them a fully-upgraded, luxury cinema. ODEON Luxe Warrington will bring local film fans an unrivalled cinema experience and we can’t wait welcome them!”
Key features of the new ODEON Luxe Warrington will include:
- 624 handmade fully-reclining seats across 8 refurbished screens, with increased leg-room, improved comfort and individual retractable tables
- A cutting-edge 70 seat iSense screen, delivering a truly immersive, ultra-high-definition cinema experience, with 4K projection and Dolby ATMOS 3D sound
- Over 238 brand new speakers across all auditoriums, with all standard screens also upgrading to Dolby 7.1 Surround sound
- New in-screen lighting systems to minimise distractions and optimise viewing angles with better light uniformity on all screens
- New Dolby Fidelio Audio Description system and Hearing-Impaired system across all screens for guests who are hard of hearing
- New food & drink offering, including lattice fries, chunky chips, chicken strips, sweet and salted popcorn, hot dogs, nachos, Tango Ice Blast and a Coca Cola machine with over 100 different flavours to enjoy
- All-new Oscar’s Bar serving a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, along with freshly brewed Costa Coffee onsite
- ODEON’s sub-brands including ODEON Newbies, ODEON Silver and ODEON Bollywood
For more information, please visit the ODEON website: https://www.odeon.co.uk/cinemas/warrington/29/